What's Happening in SLO County this week?
Seems like there's no "off season" for fun & events on the Central Coast, although the summer sure adds a ton more outdoor events. My hat goes off to all the indoor venues still making it happen year round (you know who you are!).
This weekend starts with a VERY robust Friday evening. A few great options:
- Kathleen Madigan at the PAC - hilariously entertaining comic, nationally acclaimed!
- Erin Inglish with Duncan Phillips: The Long Memory out at St. Benedict's Church in Los Osos
- Burning James and the Funky Flames at Mr. Ricks in Avila Beach. These guys are freshly retooled with new horns & bass, and looking to make a big splash at the beach!
SLO Brew has a couple great shows this weekend. Randy Rogers is there on Friday. If you didn't already get your tickets, you're out of luck - it's sold out! But fear not - if you act quickly, you can still make it down to Boo Boo Records & grab some tix for what will surely be an epic show on Saturday: the Budos Band! Our friends Mailk and Manuel will be spinning a col vinyl set to warm you up.
Heads up on another couple of shows coming up soon:
- Next Friday, Trombone Shorty will be at the PAC. I've seen him 3 times live (Zongo even opened up for him a couple years back at SLO Brew), and each time he killed it! Tickets are running thin, but there are still a few left, so grab some & buckle up for an awesome night!
- On 2/7 Saturday you'll want to be at SLO Brew to celebrate Cali Carnaval! One week in front of the Brazilian Carnaval, Zongo All-Stars and Samba Loca team up with special guests, dancers, and more.
That's it for now. Have fun out there & be safe!