SLO County has had its ups and downs with live music, but in my (almost) 30 years around the local live music scene, I have never seen such an abundance of events around here. Did you know that there are over 100 spots to check live music around the county? Kind of amazing... Anyway - let's get to the picks:
Thursday, July 9
Captain Nasty plays their last show at SLO Brew before it moves. Joining them to make this an especially exciting show will be Samba Loca and the amazing Sidney Nicol of Feathers & Fire Samba Dance from Santa Cruz. Doors at 7:30!
Friday, July 10
- Gipsy All-Stars play the Beach Hut Deli out in Los Osos! 6:30 - 9:30. FREE / FUN / Family Friendly!
- Jill Knight will be playing at the Blue Sky Bistro on the waterfront in Morro Bay. 6:30 - 8:30. Get there early and get a table for dinner. Great food, great vibes!
- Julian Temple will be at Bang the Drum Brewery from 7:00 - 9:00.
- Drive in Romeos will be at Good Medicine's Pop Up Music Event at Tooth & Nail Winery in Paso. These concerts have become the North County place to be on Friday. Check it out!
- Dave Aguallo will play Avila Beach Farmers Market. 4:00 to 8:00 and always great to end the work week with some salt air & live music in Avila!
Saturday, July 11
- NEW VENUE: La Palapa Mexican Restaurant in Baywood Park opens for Live music every Saturday! This Saturday's show features local favorite Jody Mugrew! Show is free, and goes from 7:00 - 10:00. Get there early for dinner - the food is delicious!
- Burning James & the Funky Flames return to Sea Pines in Los Osos for their legendary Barefoot Concerts on the Green! Show goes from 2:00 to 6:00 and features an opening set by Ricky Montijo! FREE!
- Damon Castillo plays RiverStar Vineyards FREE Concert Series in Paso! Great setup, warm evenings, BBQ, wine, great hospitality, and pro setup on the event lawn. If you haven't been to RiverStar yet - go check it out. 6:00 - 10:00. 46 East and right down Airport Road.
Sunday, July 12
- Heavy Review at SLO Brew, featuring The Monroe, Sleepyheads 5CL, Shrug Tropic, Fukashima Diatchi, The Kisswells, Paperman, Harry Ankle, and Highwaters. 7:00PM - Should be interesting...
- Cinders Blues Band at Grover Beach Sizzling' Summer Concerts - 3:00 - 6:00PM. FREE
- JD Project at Pacific Breeze Concerts at Dinosaur Caves Park in Shell Beach. 1:00 - 4:00 FREE
Monday, July 13
Zen Mountain Poets play Baywood Park's popular Beer at the Pier Concert Series! Every Monday, the Back Bay Cafe presents a great little concert on the waterfront! It's FREE and Family Friendly, and goes from 5:00 - 7:00. Come out & see if you haven't checked it out already!
That's about it. Also happyning this weekend is the Seven Sisters fest and the Pride festival with Belinda Carlisle at the Mission. Lots to do - see you at the big show!