Well, today we have the August 2015 edition of the Big Big SLO Live Music Pocket Planner coming off the presses with TONS of great music coming up! So many of you have told me how much you love this little planner - so I'm going to continue publishing it monthly for you.
I'm not sure I can recall a more vibrant music scene in SLO County than right now. Keep an eye out for me at concerts or pick up your own copy at SLO's music headquarters: Boo Boo Records.
Here's the update for some great picks for this weekend's music:
FRIDAY - JULY 24
Hawaiian Night at Beach Hut Deli in Los Osos - Touring act Mele'uhane plays with support by local group Island Connection and hula dancers from Hoapili Pomaika'i Aloha! 6:30 - 9:30PM. FREE.
Avila Beach Farmers Market has Mezcal from 4:00 - 8:00. FREE.
Good Medicine Presents Dan Curcio of Moonshiner Collective at Tooth & Nail Winery for their fantastic Pop-Up Concert Series. FREE! 5:00 - 9:00.
Luna Red has the Gipsy All-Stars from 10:00 - 12:00 on the patio.
Blue Sky Bistro in Morro Bay has Brian Black from 6:30 - 8:30.
Bang the Drum Brewery in SLO has Janine Fastenau from 7:00 - 9:00
SATURDAY, JULY 25
- Sea Pines Golf Resort features Back Bay Betty from 2:00 - 6:00. Don't miss the all-star blues jam to start things out!
- RiverStar Vineyards in Paso (out Airport Rd.) has the Sugar Daddy Swing Kings from 6:00 - 10:00.
- Luna Red has Jody Mulgrew from 10:00 - 12:00 in the lounge. Catch Jody before he leaves for his European Tour!
- La Palapa Mexican Restaurant in Baywood continues a new music series with Tropical Brazilian / Flamenco guitarist Jon Stephen. 7:00 - 10:00. Come for dinner. Stay for drinks!
- Bang the Drum Brewery in SLO has DJ Damien Camacho spinning some great tunes from 9:00 - 12:00
- SLO Brew has The Colourist and the Maudlin Strangers at 7:30. All Ages & tix are running thin.
SUNDAY, JULY 26
- rover Beach Sizzling' Summer Concerts has the Paisanos 3:00 - 6:00PM
- SLO Brew features the Adolescents & the Wierdos for some classic punk.
- Luna Red has Michael Lacalle on the patio from 3:00 - 5:00.
Thanks so much for supporting live music on the Central Coast. Be sure to pick pup a Pocket Planner at Boo Boos or at a concert near you! Cheers!