Hello, Central Coast!
I've been a little quiet on Paul's Picks lately, as I've been busy developing a great new tool to help keep all you live music lovers focused on all this amazing music that surrounds us.
It is my pleasure to introduce to you the Big Big SLO Live Music Pocket Planner! It's a handy, pocket-sized monthly magazine devoted exclusively to local live music, and features the great shows from the Big Big SLO venue and promoter partners.
Where can you find the Pocket Planner? I've got distribution set up at major concerts around the county at great venues like Vina Robles, SLO Brew, Otter Productions events in Avila, Sea Pines in Los Osos, Avila Farmers Market, and other great shows. You can also find them in hotels, visitor centers, and other great retail locations. Boo Boo Records is now including a Pocket Planner with every ticket purchase, so don't forget to stop by there and get your tickets for all your favorite upcoming shows! Drop me a line if you'd like to see your favorite spot added to the distribution list!
OK - Here's the update for the weekend:
FRIDAY, June 5:
• The BIG show is up at Vina Robles Amphitheatre, featuring a double bill with Tedeschi Trucks Band with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Doyle Bramhall opens.
• Good Medicine Presents is going full throttle these days, and has been putting on great shows at Tooth & Nail Winery off the 46 West (it's the castle that used to be Eagle Castle Winery.). Check out this Friday's FREE show with Joe Koenig and the Homewreckers!
• The Beach Hut Deli is the place to be on Friday nights in Los Osos, as Big Big SLO brings you great music every Friday from 6:30 - 9:30. This week's concert features a great new combo called Baywood Jones, consisting off Matthias Clark. Luis Monge, and Wayne Wolcoff. They've got a great chemistry & a sound you'll come back for.
• MAGIC! Touring Magician Christian Ford has 2 shows at the SLO Grange Hall this weekend: Friday & Saturday. It looks like a great show - sells out all over the country. Try to catch it if you can! More info here!
• Blue Sky Bistro in Morro Bay has a great scene on Friday evenings! This week is the return of Robi Duganne, who always puts on a good show. Check our Blue Sky for great food, drinks, casual atmosphere, and good times!
SATURDAY, June 6:
• Sea Pines Barefoot Concerts on the Green continues to pack in the crowd for FREE Saturday community concerts, This week's concert features Shane Stoneman Band. The show goes from 2:00 to 6:00, with Panga opening at 2:00 sharp. Always a fun time!
Sunday, June 7:
• Grover Beach Farmers Market is a great place to spend your Sunday afternoon! They do the Famers Market right by giving you FREE live music for your shopping & dancing pleasure. This week you can find Burning James and the Funky Flames. Concerts go from 3:00 - 6:00.
Monday, June 8:
• Baywood Beer at the Pier! Wow! This has really become a hit. Where else can you enjoy a FREE concert in a beautiful bayside location with a bunch of friends, cold beer, hot coffee and awesome ti-tip sandwiches ON A MONDAY EVENING?? Come see for yourself what a great little event this has become. This Monday features JIll Knight! She'll be bringing some special guests with her, and always delivers a great show.
I would say that this should give you plenty of choices to keep you having fun all weekend long. Stay in touch with us on Facebook for ticket contests, show announcements, and more. Enjoy this video of Jill Knight last time she came to Baywood!
Have fun & thanks for joining us here at Big Big SLO! Cheers!